Thursday, August 25, 2011

Shabby Apple Dress Review

I first chose the Ahoy dress and was super excited to wear it at my daughter's birthday party.  However, when it arrived the day of the party, it was too big.  They do ship exchanges for free which is great!  I exchanged it for a smaller size only to have that one be too small.  That dress just wasn't meant for me.  

I did experience some shipping issues with Shabby Apple but when I finally contacted the right person, they were apologetic and resolved the issue immediately.  Just be aware that if you have any issues, it may take awhile to receive a response via e-mail.

My second choice was the Tuxedo III.  It is a brown linen material.  For me, the material is a bit on the itchy side so I can't claim comfort on this one. 



The dress does not come with that cute brown belt as shown on the website.  It actually comes with a matching tie sash.

However, I am a sucker for ruffles so I love the details on this dress.  You could pair almost any color shoes and accessories with it.   I love the versatility.

This dress could totally work through multiple seasons as it could be paired with sandals, wedges, heels, etc.  You could even wear a cardigan and cute tights for cooler days.

{ Side note:  You should have seen me and my husband in our backyard for this mini photo shoot.  Hilarious.  I would love to know what the neighbors were thinking.  Ha. }


My favorite thing about Shabby Apple is that they support the fight against global poverty by partnering with Unitus and donating 5% of their net sales to support work in India.  Gotta love that.

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Here are a few of my favorite Shabby Apple dresses...




And I LOVE their jewelry collection...




If you haven't checked the women's dresses at Shabby Apple out before, you will definitely want to see what they have to offer.  I just love the vintage inspired women's dresses and accessories.  You are bound to find one or two or twenty items you love.

To get 10% off your purchase, enter the code lemontreecreations10off .  This code will expire in 30 days.  You can also like them on facebook for exclusive discounts and promotions.  Happy Shopping!

3 comments:

TBonesMom August 25, 2011 at 5:43 AM  

I feel like you could actually be one of their models. And that dress is super cute on you. :)

Erin A August 25, 2011 at 7:25 AM  

You look adorable in that dress!! I bet you two were cracking up, I wish someone got a picture of you both during this session. :)

Alyssa August 25, 2011 at 8:04 PM  

Great review Tiffany! I love my Shabby Apple dress that I won from Lemon Tree, but I also had to return it and get another size. Mine was too small. The large is still a bit snug, but I'm using it as motivation to lose a few extra pounds. :)